27 Sep Weekly Newsletter – September 23rd
No School Next Friday (9/30)
Greetings from Washington Global! We’ve wrapped up another strong week of learning as students begin to dive deeper into the curriculum. Please be advised that there will be no school next Friday, September 30th, due to teacher professional development. We will return to our regular schedule on Monday, October 3rd.
After School Activities
After School Activities are now in full swing. Students who want to participate in these activities must fill out a permission form. Please call the front office (202-796-2415) for more information or to enroll your child. A list of current clubs is listed below:
Monday, Sept 26th – Flag Football, GW Tutoring, Yearbook, & SGA
Tuesday, Sept 27th – Orchestra, Flag Football, & Girls on the Run
Wednesday, Sept 28th – Aftercare and HW Help & Flag Football
Thursday, Sept 29th – Rowing, Orchestra, Girls on the Run, Flag Football, Vocal Music, SGA, & Cheerleading
Friday, Sept 30th – NO SCHOOL
Progress Reports and Online Gradebook Access
– All health immunization records are due to the front office by Friday, September 30th.
– Wednesday, October 5th will be Picture Day. Students may dress down if they choose.
– Please call Ms. Diaz if you have any questions: (202) 796-2415.
All orders for Spirit Wear should be turned in by the end of the day on Friday, September 30th. If you need an order form, please stop by the front office.
DC One Cards – Advisory for Students
Some students do not yet have their DC One Card. Please make sure to assist your students in obtaining their DC One Cards to take advantage of the Kids Ride Free program. DDOT has learned that the Metro fare system is responding slower than expected in delivering Kids Ride Free Passes as school starts this year. Due to this issue, the pass may not activate when students first tap their DC One Cards in the system. Metro suggest students continue to tap their DC One Cards on the fare gates or fare box to activate their pass as they travel to and from school. During this process, bus operators and stations managers are required to allow students to ride for free if students’ passes are not functioning on their DC One Cards.
If you would like to ensure the pass is successfully loaded, take the following steps:
– Tap your DC One Card on a fare vending machine found in any Metrorail station. If there is a negative balance, bring it up to $0.
– After several hours, or the next day, tap your DC One Card again on a fare vending machine at the same Metrorail station to activate your pass.
– Check with the station manager to see if the pass has been successfully loaded or log-in to your account at dconecard.dc.gov to check the status of your KRF-Pass.
This activity can be done on the weekends to ensure the pass is ready to use for school. Contact email@example.com or (202)-673-1740 with questions.
Washington Global students and their families are invited to attend:
Stead Park Sports and Community Day
Saturday, October 15, 2016
1625 P Street, NW (Between 16th and 17th Streets)
Washington, DC 20036
The event features sports clinics facilitated by The First Tee (golf), Washington Warriors DC Youth Rugby, Winners Lacrosse, and the Washington National’s Youth Baseball Academy. Complimentary snacks and refreshments will be served.